Sunday 16 June 2013

The greeter application appears to be crashing on Fedora server

Today suddenly i got error message while login to Fedora server which states:

"The greeter application appears to be crashing" 








Resolution:

During troubleshooting phase I tried to start MySQL Daemon for some use, and got another error related to mysqld:

"Timeout error occurred trying to start MySQL Daemon."

when I check mysqld.log located under  /var/log/mysqld.log found error message on bottom lines:

130616 16:09:13  InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 1296373001
130616 16:09:13 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Error writing file '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid' (Errcode: 28)
130616 16:09:13 [ERROR] Can't start server: can't create PID file: No space left on device

Finally I delete unwanted files and clear /tmp folder to make some available free space on server.


After performing this my both error got resolved.

So henceforth whenever I'll got error like this I will check first free disk space on server



No comments:

Post a Comment