Friday 12 July 2013

Cisco vpn client issue Reason 442: Failed to Enable Virtual Adapter on Windows 8 32/64 bit



On windows 8 (32 or 64 bit version) Cisco Systems VPN Client Version 5.0.07.0440 installation is successful. I didn't find any error during cisco vpn client installation.

But After Importing vpn profile when I tried to connect, It ask me for username and password (Authentication started). After filling those credentials I got message "Securing communications channel" at the bottom of the Cisco VPN Client application. I thought that it is working, but after some time got windows pop up message according to that message "Reason 442: Failed To Enable Virtual Adaptor"

I tried to login 3-4 times but get same error, even I restarted my computer but issue not resolved.
After applying below given steps I am able to get connect Cisco VPN Client.


 To resolve this issue I followed below given steps:

1. Press Win [Windows key] + R on your keyboard, type “regedit.exe” (without the quotes) and hit “OK”:










Note: Before making any changes in registry please take backup of Registry.

2.Browse to the Registry Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CVirtA
3. From the window on the right, select and right-click on DisplayName and choose Modify from the menu. Alternatively, double-click on DisplayName:



4. If you are running Windows 8 32bit (x86) operating systems, change the value data from @oem8.inf,%CVirtA_Desc%;Cisco Systems VPN Adapter to Cisco Systems VPN Adapter.
And If you are running  Windows 8 64bit (x64) operating systems, change the value data from @oem8.inf,%CVirtA_Desc%;Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows to Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows (shown below):


 After editing the Value data, click on OK and close the Registry Editor.
Try to get connect Cisco VPN Client and connect to your VPN network. it worked for me after authentication.Restart not required after changing Registry.

No comments:

Post a Comment